In Fort Covington on Saturday at the Salmon River Shamrock Track and Field Invitational
The Canton Bears Boys Track team continues to pile up victories in their Spring 2022 season. Traveling to Salmon River on a blistering hot Saturday, the boys team again came home with the team trophy at the Salmon River Shamrock Invitational. The girls squad finished 7th in a highly competitive field.
On a brutally hot day, the Canton squads performed well with approximately 30 personal bests on the day. The boys team broke or set 11 meet records and the girls team took the crown in the Sprint Medley Relay.
Some highlights include :
- Gabby Shuckers striding her way into the 100M Hurdle finals and then taking 4th overall.
- Boys 4×800 relay (Brendan Nolan, Max Finley, Nick Lyndaker, and Vincent Nelson-Fuse) set a meet record, surpassing the old standard by 25 seconds.
- Maddie Hoy continued to perform well in the jumps tying for second in the high jump, fourth in the triple jump and sixth in the long jump.
- Miles Gendebien and Nelson-Fuse took first and second in the 800M.
- Kaden Worthley took fourth in the 3200 in his first time running this distance.
- Rori McCarthy shook off the heat and exhaustion to anchor the winning SMR and set a new meet record with teammates Makayla Douglas, Elaina Robert, Stella Shipman.
- Justin Weegar and Jayce Collins finished 2nd and 6th in the Shot Put.
- Nick Lyndaker was a 4 – event champion, while running 4.5 miles of races.
- Vinny Nelson-Fuse, Ayomi Odetoyinbo, and Chris Downs swept the High Jump.
- Hayden Bregg set a new meet record in the 400 meter dash.
- Ayomi Odetoyinbo continued his undefeated streak by winning the discus once again with a throw of 112 feet.
- The boys Distance Medley Relay set a new meet record (Finley, Bregg, Gendebien, Lyndaker)
Overall, it was an excellent day for track in the North Country. Canton Central showed it is a well trained squad with depth and will be a force in the section.
Complete results from the Shamrock Invitational.